Select a picture to upload from your computer
Problems uploading yout pictures? Please try again with the default uploader
SoloTurist Travel Tips
While most SoloTurist members are completely harmless, users should always practice common sense when meeting other members. Users of SoloTurist should fully understand that SoloTurist is not at all responsible for traveling people or the actions of their members. When using SoloTurist for online dating purposes, members should practice a few safety precautions to ensure that they have the best and safest time possible. SoloTurist is not responsible for members who misuse the website. It is always best to use caution when traveling to a new place and meeting new people. It is better to be safe than to be sorry. Members should know that SoloTurist is not responsible for screening their members nor are they responsible for screening the communication between their members. We have absolutely no control over the legality and safety of our members. That is why we recommend that you check out the following safety tips when using the SoloTurist website.
- Never send money to another member for any reason. Do not send money if the person asks you to buy travel tickets - to avoid the risk of being scammed.
- Let a friend, family member, or coworker know the exact address of the location you plan on visiting with your travel partner from Solo Turist.
- Leave a copy of your passport with someone that you trust.
- Get in contact with your family or friends once you have made contact with your travel date. Contact your family or friends again once you have safely reached your hotel.
- Make sure you have a fully charged cell phone and a SIM card that will not charge roaming fees so that you can contact friends and family back home. Pay phones are becoming less common making cell phones must have items for abroad travel.
- Ensure that you have enough cash on hand to handle any emergency that should come up.
- Know the contact information of the closest embassy. It is better to have this information and not need it than to need it and not have it.
- If the person that meets you is not the person you were expecting from Solo Turist, do not go anywhere with them.
- Spend time with your travel partner in public places until you get to know one another better.
- Use common sense when using travel-dating websites. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Trust your instincts. If you meet a member that seems fishy, you should excuse yourself from the situation as soon as possible.
- Do not give any personal contact information to any Solo Turist members. To avoid being scammed, you should keep your email and phone information to yourself.
- Conduct a background check on the person that you are meeting. If you find some questionable results, you should reconsider hooking up with the member.
- During the first meeting, it is recommended that members agree to meet during daylight hours rather than for evening dates. Remember, there is safety in numbers.